Sunday, February 28, 2010
today was one of those days that i was SOOOOO over being here in vegas. and teaching. i feel like student teaching as a whole has gone by pretty quickly. but at the same time i feel like i still have SO much left to do. which sounds silly because really i only have three more weeks where i'm the actual teacher. and this week is kinda a whacky one because they have state standardized testing so i can't really complain. but i just.want.to.be.done.
these past couple of weeks haven't been all bad though and i feel like my students have started to come around and actually like me as a teacher. don't get me wrong, i still have to lay into them somtimes, but as a whole, i think my students like me. and some of them even want me to stay and be there teacher for longer. which makes me smile, and then laugh because there is NO WAY that thats gonna happen. i'm peacing on this place as soon as possible.
My countdown is not only for school to be done, although that is at the top of the list. Here are some things i am currently counting down for
1. student teaching to be completely 100% done. that means i'm a real life college graduate. FINALLY.
2. my best friend britt coming out to vegas to help me move and drive home.
3. my best friend britt coming out to vegas to go to a JOHN MAYER concert. soooo excited. love me some john. seriously, i swoon.
4. getting my hair done. its depressing how bad my roots are and how my hair has absolutely NO shape at all right now. short hair and highlights here i come and i can.not.wait.
5. a very big, exciting, long awaited TRIP to see a special person. it might involve pretty sunsets and palm trees. just maybe. i wish this was coming sooner than later. but i hear patience pays off. i'm hoping.
6. finally being home with my family and those cute little babies we have there. can.not.wait. for this one either. love being home with the family.
March, i know you are a lucky month and everyone really likes you because you bring the luck of the irish and march madness, but this year do you mind going by reallllllly fast for me? thanks. i sincerely appreciate it :]
Thursday, February 18, 2010
yes. this is for real. straight off my digital cannon camera. i mean. its not fair people get to live this life EVERY SINGLE DAY! ahhhh so jealous! i was born to live in a beach town. i was.
Friday, February 12, 2010
So i'm getting ready to head out to southern california in a little while but earlier this week i was told that if i wanted to receive my valentines package that i couldn't leave before six. Well, in the middle of packing i get a knock at the door and open it to a very big package (from said cute boy in previous post).
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Its a bunch of super high intensity muscle confusion workouts that are not really that difficult when you break them down. Its putting them together for different sets that makes it so insane and by insane i mean that i'm breaking a sweat during the warm up...yeah thats before we even stretch. awesome. Today while i was at school i had pretty much convinced myself that there was no way that i was going to be able to work out because i was THAT sore. but i did, and i'm SO glad i did. but it really does hurt so...good.
Monday, February 8, 2010
-our apartment complex has turned off the water in our ENTIRE complex for the second time in a week and its really annoying. it was supposed to be turned on at six tonight but apparently they found the leak they were looking for, which is great, but now the water won't be turned on until later. and they didn't give us a time. so it could be off until tomorrow morning. awesome. NOT! stupid.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
(roomates, back: beca and gene pronounced jenny; front: michelle and me)
So thats pretty much the update with me. I'm here, i'm alive, i'm fairly convinced that some of my students hate me, others think i'm a total b, and others think i have NO idea what i'm doing...which is probably true :] oooooh well.
(inside the venetian...reallllly want to go on a ride in one of those boats)
pictures are kinda annoying to upload. so this will have to do for now. enjoy. happy bloggin.