Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hawaii & a Face Lift


We are still alive out here in the lands of aloha.... Sadly, this picture of our resident gecko, Gilbert (as named by previous tenants/friends) is all i have to show of our last month back on this sweet tropical island.

Some quick updates:

I have started subbing (have done it a total of 4 times now). My favorite highlight thus far, was a measly (ok, who am i kidding, he's a local boy, he was nothing short of large) freshman boy walking into the classroom, taking one look at me and saying "there's no WAY you're our sub. you look like a student" thank you kind boy for telling me i look like girls your age. NOT. also, friends...i for real hope we were NOT that annoying when we where that age (even though we probably were...i have a new found respect for anyone who works with adolescents)

Right when we got back (like less than 24 hours) Chris and I were both back to work. I worked for a few weeks teaching Chinese kids (who knew very little English) English and then taking them around sight seeing. It was a pretty fun (and tiring) gig and sadly, it only lasted a few weeks. great for that teaching resume.... ha.

Chris works, and works, and works. but thats a good thing. and he golfs when he's not working (or so it seems, he would probably argue otherwise with a quick "when was the last time i golfed" to which the accurate answer would most likely be "a few days ago"...but apparently that is not good enough in his book) but all joking aside, he is a really hard worker and is blessed to have a job that not only pays pretty well (bring home those tips baby!) but that he really enjoys.

I have been writing thank you notes for the wedding. While we are reallllllly grateful for the generosity of everyone we know, thank you notes are a pain in the you know what. not only do they take freakin FOR.EVER. but they cost us like 50 bucks on postage. but i won't complain toooo much because we really are so thankful (and will probably be even more so when we return to the mainland and actually get to use the many awesome gifts we received)

It has been overcast and rainy in paradise for well over a week now. Hey Hawaii....pull it together already. less than two months and we are mainlanders once again, i need to be and plan on, being brown (speaking of...chris has the gnarliest farmers tan on the planet. its baaaad, but i think he is growing a little self conscious of it, so no teasing).

My parents come out in about a month and a half and we plan to eat, beach, golf, beach, eat, and nothing else. i am thrilllllled.

pictures of our love shack/kennel/blink and ya miss it apartment coming soon.... :]

(and the facelift was referring to the blog design....not awesome, but will do for now...)

4 comments:

  1. Jess. I LOVE reading your blog. It makes me feel like we are talking on the phone. That is a talent that not everyone has with writing. I can only think of a few that I know and you are one of them. I hope you are enjoying your new married life! Sounds like quite the dilemma with the clothes, 2 suitcases, and traveling back to the mainland...BUT I just had an idea. Have you ever used those bags that you vacuum the air out of? Saved me when we moved to TX last summer and we could only take what we could fit in our little Saturn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen!!! I miss you! I'm not on you email list to be able to read your blog! And I would love access :] my email is j.elisewright@gmail.com. Andries is a great idea! I will for sure look into them. Thanks so much!!! Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is a great idea. Auto correct! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great blog design! I like it.

    Can't wait for pictures of the love shack.

    Jealous of your parents hanging out with you guys. I think Chris' farmers tan is unavoidable considering his job/hobby. Glad you're subbing. I respect all of my young women's leaders now that I am a young woman leader. They are so annoying! I must have been obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete