Thursday, June 2, 2011

gettin crafty!

So. As i mentioned in the previous post...i've been dying to get my hands on every DIY project out there (thanks pinterest.com). Only problem is...i don't know how to sew. like at all. i missed that whole "lets be crafy" bug when i was younger. I was WAY too wrapped up in my swimming and sports life. SO that lends a little bitty problem when most of the projects i want to complete involve sewing! ugh.

So today. i went through my saved pinterest diy projects and found one that i knew i could do....but with a twist. the original idea can be found here i just tweaked it to suit the colors i wanted and the state of my choice and voila!



I especially love it because i've been looking for something little, but cute, that could be a representation of our time in hawaii. Because it is the place where we met, fell in love, got engaged, and shared our first few months of marriage together, it will always be a special place to us. It really became our home. I loved the outcome! It was so so easy, cost all of $6, and took about an hour to finish. LOVE it (those are the colors i want to use in our bedroom...charcoal, deep yellow, and white)

I also made these cute little headbands the other day using THIS tutorial! it was suprisingly easy and i think the headbands turned out really cute for never having done something like them before.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the Hawaii print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make me one!! I love it...except I want it like 10x the size so I can cover our blank, bare, WHITE TVA walls!

    ReplyDelete