Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday


Yesterday was a hard day...my dad was out this way due to business meetings in nashville and had tuesday night available to come visit us. It was heavenly, even if for just a night, to have a piece of home with me all the way out here in kentucky. The hard part came when I had to hug him goodbye the next morning and he returned to nashville for his meetings. To say that I was emotional yesterday is a complete understatement. insert random breakdowns and lots of tears throughout the day (i'm blaming pregnancy a little....)

SO, i decided that instead of dwelling on the things i'm missing, i should concentrate more on the things i'm thankful for. Because really, the picture above says it all doesn't it? So it got me thinking about some of the things that I have to currently be grateful for....

.that i was able to see my dad, even if it brought on feelings of homesickness
.the cool fall weather we have been having all week and that we have been able to leave the windows and doors open. love.
.the $20 portable screen door that i bought at home depot.
.that chris is willing to work so hard to make ends meet. money is such a huge stress...like all the time...but chris takes it all in stride and continues to work hard
.for a good friend telling me that sometimes its ok to relax, let go of stress, and enjoy myself a little
.netflix. probably the best $7 we spend each month (sadly). except now i'm all caught up on the shows that i was watching and well...thats depressing. ha.
.for little baby kicks that reassure me everything is ok with baby girl
.for fun baby gifts sent out with dad from soon to be grandma.
.our puppy marley girl. she has gotten very protective over me since being pregnant and is always nuggled up right next to my stomach. we're practically best friends these days. really.
.sub teaching orientation on tuesday that HOPEFULLY means i can get subbing within the next 2 weeks. fingers crossed.
.that in almost 12 weeks we will be ready to welcome baby girl. surreal.

Thankful to have so many things to be grateful for. Hope you do too :]

3 comments:

  1. ...a great attitude!!! it's so true that it's OK to accept/admit that life may not be ideal at the moment, indulge yourself a little, and so so wonderful to try to count blessings in the midst of it all! even in our toughest moments, Heavenly Father is always looking to give us a tender mercy to remind us how much He loves us and that He is still with us! life is good, even when its stinkin' tough. I needed that reminder too. you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too needed the reminder. It's so hard being away from family, but good things are in store!!! I cannot believe little baby girl will be here in less than 12 wks. Craaaazy. I'm so excited to see her cute face ;) hang in there and keep enjoying Netflix. Plus fall tv is just around the corner. Holla. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with sub orientation. I really hope you can start getting some jobs. I was in a special ed preschool yesterday and had a blast.

    Gratitude works wonders and I enjoyed reading your list. Enjoy the time you have to relax now because I've heard that babies are real time sucks :) haha

    ReplyDelete