Saturday, August 27, 2011


(yes this is my husband waiting like a little boy for the cable guy...he heard the beaping of the truck backing up and immediatly went to the window)

Dear McDonalds,
Thank you for having such yummy diet coke. and for making it so cheap. most days (i mean....i don't get it daily...whoops) i can pay for it in straight change. i love that. also. you have the perfect mix of syrup and carbonation...not to mention your straws. ya done good mcdonalds.

Dear Summer,
I love your sunshine, but now i'm ready for colder weather. i want hoodies, and sweatshirts, and most of all, i really just want to wear my really cute new brown boots. HURRY UP and let fall roll in.

Dear $20 desk I bought,
make yourself cute. you have a lot of character and I bought you with the best of intentions to get you finished quickly and well...ya know. i haven't. but i really want to. i just can't decide on how exactly i want you to look, and then you are just left sitting there. i promise i will try not to neglect you anymore (but maybe you could just sand yourself? is that too much to ask? it is. fine.)

Dear Q Tips,
I love you. I don't know when I started needing you after every shower, but i'm really glad you exist because my ears get SOOOO itchy and drive me crazy if I don't get extra water out. thank you times one million.

Dear Running shoes,
why do you already have a hole in the left toe? i haven't even had you six months and you are starting to get holey (and lets be honest, its not like i'm some crazy fitness worker outer). bummer. its ok though because you are the most comfortable "work out" shoes that i've ever owned. you keep my shins from aching after running and for that, i love you.

Dear cable guy,
Thanks for coming over today and installing cable. husband was really excited to have you come over. but our cable still hasn't connected yet because your servers are all backed up. thats not so awesome. but still. its appreciated.

Dear Hawaii,
I miss you. a lot. i took you for granted and i'm sorry. hope to see you again sooner than later.

2 comments:

  1. I love how to channeled the inner-Jimmy Fallon with this post. I love his Thank You note segment! If you don't know what I'm talking about...look it up! Waiting for the cable guy is the worst!!!! They give you like an 8-hour window and then they show up at like 10pm. It's totally happened to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always make me laugh Jess. I'm also SO ready for fall! I want scarves and boots and jacket weather now!!!!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete