Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Viva La Vegas?

ooook....i'm starting to think that i'm not supposed to start a blog. this is like the third time that i've gone to post something in the past 2 months and everytime i go to post, something goes wrong and i am unable to do so and by something going wrong i mean the internet completely freaks out or freezes...its ANNOYING! so here it goes. my final first attempt to make a blog.


(beca and i on the strip)
I'm finally living in Vegas. the climax of my educational career is finally here and in full swing...student teaching. I'm a month in and lets be honest, i dont love it yet and somedays think to myself "why did i choose this career again?". No but seriously, student teaching isn't all that bad. it just doesn't seem like a reality to me. i mean lets think about it for a minute. i come in to a classroom thats not my own, doesn't have my rules, is not set up how i would necessarily run a class, with students that know that i'm not really their teacher. i'm pretty much like a permanent substitute with the real teacher there ALL the time and i pretty much get treated accordingly on a consistent basis. awesome (said in heavy sarcasm).

(roommates on the first weekend in town. my very first trip to the strip)
I am starting to get in the swing of things though. and really, i like vegas a lot. I live in an awesome location in the nicer part of town (at least i think). we are about 10 minutes from the strip and a few blocks from the mecca of all main streets. seriously. this street has evvvverything you could need, and by everything i obviously mean that it has all the best places to eat that rexburg deprived me of for four years. san chipotle, thats the other direction a few blocks. but still manageable. I live with four other girls that are student teachers and so far we have had a lot of fun. the daily routine here pretty much consists of getting home from school, grabbing laptops, plopping on the couch with laptops, then writing copious amounts of lesson plans, while averaging about 2 movies a night. and in bed by about 10. its awesome. and then we wake up the next day to do it all again. seriously. the life of a [student] teacher. blah.



(beca and i in circus circus. it might be ghetto but its loaded with arcade games. i mean HELLO!)
after this week i have 7 (seven, seis, insert any other language form of 7 here) weeks LEFT. could.not.come.fast.enough. for real.

(roomates, back: beca and gene pronounced jenny; front: michelle and me)

So thats pretty much the update with me. I'm here, i'm alive, i'm fairly convinced that some of my students hate me, others think i'm a total b, and others think i have NO idea what i'm doing...which is probably true :] oooooh well.

(inside the venetian...reallllly want to go on a ride in one of those boats)

pictures are kinda annoying to upload. so this will have to do for now. enjoy. happy bloggin.

1 comment:

  1. Jess!!!! First of all, freakin beautiful picture of you! Second I love that you also have a blog because I do to except I hardly ever blog about anything because I don't know how to work this stuff. ha ha. anyways, yes, add me as a friend and when I figure out how to add you to mine I will. Look me up lindseyloupalmer.blogspot.com :) Woo!!!!

    ReplyDelete