Monday, March 14, 2011

Letters to the Universe

Dear Washing Machine,

You stopped working mid cycle the night of the tsunami warning. I wanted to have clean unerwear in case we got evacuated. Now i have a pile of clothes sitting in a basket that are growing mustier as we speak because you stopped when they were soaking wet. (ps. yes i did let them air dry. still musty). I salvaged some clean underwear, but i'm still bothered you are not fixed.and sitting there full of water. almost 5 days later.

Dear Sears Man,

Come fix the washing machine already. With no public laundry facilites here in laie/kahuku, you are realllly starting to sress me out. who am i kidding. i'm getting pissed. hurry up!

Dear Hawaii,

Thank you for the sunshine. I love you for it. thanks for the sunburn this weekend (truly). you have made me feel tan all weekend. like mama always says "bacon looks better fried" :]

Dear Rhapsody,

Thanks for your 60 day free trial when you download the app. You are letting me listen to all the songs i really want to download on itunes but don't because they are expensive. Just so you know, i will discontinue you after the 60 day free trial because i don't really think you are worth 9.99 a month. at all. but i promise i am enjoying all the music right now.

Dear spring break children,

It's spring break. shouldn't you be sleeping in? not waking up earlier than usual to play basketball and scream outside?! oh it doesn't? crap. also this is saying something, because we are normally up early. SLEEP IN FOR HEAVENS SAKE!

Dear Messy apartment,

Clean yourself. I recognize that its mostly my fault for letting you get cluttered, but i would appreciate it if you would magically empty the trash, do the dishes in the sink, sweep the floor, mop, and maybe even pack some boxes for me to ship home.

Dear Self,

Why in the world do you have so much crap in hawaii?!?! have fun getting that all home :/

Dear Running,

I really want nothing to do with you this morning. But that would prove that i can't do what i set my mind to. so I will hang out with you for a little bit this morning. begrudgingly running. begrudgingly.

Dear Husband,

Thanks for being such a hard worker and getting up before the sun to go to work (i get some credit too because i get up to drive you there...right?). i love you.

also, thanks for speaking to me in justin bieber language. ie...whenever i call you babe or baby you reply with "baby baby baby ohhhhhhh" or when i say "love me" you sing "love me love me, say that you love me". its funny. i laugh. and you have bieber fever.

Dear Japan,

I keep seeing footgate on youtube/facebook and with each video i get more and more heartbroken. Know that the world is rallied behind you, for whatever thats worth.

4 comments:

  1. Loved this post. That really really sucks about your laundry. I'd be pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny:) Today I had a blah running day as well. I'm training for my first 5K, and just hope I can make it without puking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrabble game is pretty much amazing on the ipod touch/iphone. You can play against friends. Pretty addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish there was a like button on blogs.... and how the heck did i become hola???

    ReplyDelete