Sunday, July 31, 2011

Proud

Please excuse me while I brag....

Last night, while husband was at work, I busted this little painting out.



and i love it. I found the original idea on pinterest (but its really from costplus world market...and its also like $100). luckily...the world of pinterest, and this lovely blogger,completely opened my eyes to the world of DIY and i'm so happy because thats about the only way to decorate a small apartment when you have no money.

obviously the original is really good but i'm loving the way mine turned out. and it helped that it only cost me about $7 worth of paint and sponges (minus the canvas cost, because mom already had that unused from our wedding).

here it is hanging in our kitchen (please excuse how blurry this picture is...annoying. and also how cluttered our counters look)

3 comments:

  1. So cute!! I want to make one too but. . .it wouldn't turn out as good as yours and then I would hate it and myself. So to avoide that you can just make another and mail it to me (or bring it in person which would be better). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Such a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm way to go AND gorgeous kitchen!! 2 GOLD STARS FOR THE DAY haha... i have a ton of paintings saved that i want to copy someday but i don't really know if i can. we'll see. maybe i'll check out the link you posted. p.s. what does chris do? or what is he planning on doing in the future?

    ReplyDelete