Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

We are both so lucky to have such awesome mom's! I have always been quite the home-body and i've come to realize over the years that its because i love spending time with my parents. Not a day went by while i was in college, student teaching, or in hawaii, that i wasn't in some form of communication with my mom. She is such an amazing example to me and i hope that i can be half the mother that she has been to my siblings and i.

All growing up I remember having cousins, family friends, even my friends, come and live with us or stay with us for extended periods of time. My mom was quickly dubbed "favorite aunt heidi" because she was always so loving and would do anything to help whoever it was that needed help. I always appreciated knowing how lucky I was to have a mom that told me she loved me and did everything she could to provide the world for me.

Many people know that we recently adopted two little foster babies whom we've had in our home for the past four years. Today at church, one of the speakers (who was also a foster baby) said how much he admires and appreciates women and mothers who take other's children into their homes, that might not otherwise have that love and support, and provide that love like they are one of their own. He stated that there is a "special place in heaven for mother's like that". I would have to agree with him!

Thank you mom! I love you so much!! and so do many others who have had the privledge of having your love and "mothering" heart and influence in their lives!





Not to forget my awesome mother's in law! Chris's Mom Kay is so giving and friendly! She would do anything for her children and love's to spoil everyone :] We love you Kay!



And lastly, Linda, Chris's stepmom. She is such a bundle of energy and always makes things exciting! She too takes such good care of us and we are so thankful for her!Love you Linda!!



Happy mother's day to our wonderful mothers and all the other wonderful mother figures we have had throughout our lives!! we truly appreciate all you do and have done for us over the years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment